Surfprep’s 6” ‘brushless’ electric sander is the lowest profile, operator friendly, power packed, energy efficient random orbital sander. Lightweight at just 2.5 pounds. The Ray allows operators to sand ‘on-site’ because the tool plugs directly into a standard electric outlet. The power supply is built in the tool with a ‘direct wire’ design that allows for easy set up and operation (no external power supply box / plugs directly into outlet). Annual electricity costs for operating the 6” 4 hour/day, 240 days/year at $0.0007 kWh is just over $20.00 per year. These tools are available in 3/16” & 3/32” orbits. Central vacuum option available to maintain a clean working environment. The rate of cut & power of the Surge puts the sander in a class of its own!
- 3/16″ orbit is more aggressive and cuts faster. The larger orbit can leave a more noticeable scratch. 3/16 is better for sealer sanding with sponges.
- 3/32″ orbit is less aggressive so it is better for a final pass on raw wood to minimize scratch and swirls. It is better for sealer sanding with film or paper.
6″ Ray Specifications
- RPM – 4,000, 7,000, 9,000 & 10,000
- Voltage – 110V
- Orbit – 3/16 or 3/32 Random Orbit
- Weight – 2.84 Pounds
- Height – 3.94″ High
- Length – 8.86″ Long
- Cable – 12′ Hardwired Cable
- Material – Composite body, Steel Motor
- Size – 6″ Footprint
*1 Year Manufacturer Warranty*
Click here for downloadable flyer – 5 6 Electric Ray Flyer